Since a front load washer’s function is to clean we tend to think that it’s self-cleaning as well. Unfortunately, it’s only when we notice a washer smells bad that we realize that’s not the case. A good cleaning can remove odor and freshen your machine but what’s the best way to clean a front load washer?
Follow these steps to clean your washer door gasket and washer drum.
The Best Way to Clean a Front Load Washer to Eliminate Dirt and Odor
The best way to clean a front load washer doesn’t have to be complicated and time-consuming. These simple methods can get the job done quickly and effectively. But first, we’ll discuss what causes bad smells so they can be prevented.
What Causes Front Load Washer Smells?
The very things that make a front loader different are what can contribute to front load washer smells. Since front loaders use less water than top loaders, detergent and dirt that doesn’t rinse away collect in the washer drum more easily. Without regular cleaning, this dirt can harbor smelly mold and mildew.
In addition, using regular detergent in an HE washer can cause an excess of suds that creates front load washer mold. Using too much laundry detergent can also create leftover suds. Lastly, the front loader’s rubber door gasket that prevents leaks can collect water, making it a favorite hideout for dirt and mold.
How to Clean Front Load Washer Gasket
Have you noticed mold and mildew on your washer door gasket? Here’s how to clean a front load washer gasket to eliminate smelly bacteria:
- Open the washer door and peel back the gasket so the interior is visible.
- Remove any visible objects like hair, buttons, or coins.
- Spray hot, soapy water in the gasket and wipe with a clean cloth to remove mildew. Repeat as needed.
- Scrub any black mold spots with a toothbrush dipped in a 10% bleach solution.
How to Clean Front Load Washer Drum
Before cleaning your front load washer drum, check to see if your machine has a Clean Washer cycle. This setting runs at a certain temperature and adds cleaning solutions or tablets at a specific time. If your washer has this cycle, check your use and care manual for directions on how to use it.
Here’s how to clean front-loading washing machine drum without a Clean Washer cycle:
- Pour 2 cups white vinegar in the detergent dispenser.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup baking soda in the washer drum.
- Run a complete clean cycle with hot water to destroy smelly mold and mildew.
Tips to Prevent Front Load Washer Odor
The best way to clean a front load washer is to use these methods on a monthly basis, preventing a buildup of dirt and odor:
- Run a monthly Clean Washer cycle with our recommendation for the best washing machine cleaner for front loader
- Make sure you use HE detergent for an HE machine, in the correct amount, to avoid excess suds.
- Wipe down the gasket after every wash cycle and deep clean it on a monthly basis.
- Remove wet clothes immediately after a wash cycle ends to limit excess moisture.
- Leave the washer door open when it’s not in use so moisture can more easily evaporate.
As the washer repair experts, we know that the best way to clean a front load washer can also be a way to avoid repairs. In the event that a repair can’t be escaped, call 成视人a免费观看 视频 for fast and reliable service.