Even the most careful chef can leave behind spills and splashes on a stovetop. The key is using the right cleaning methods and materials so that both gas and glass range cooktops are cleaned safely and effectively. We’ll discuss how to clean a KitchenAid cooktop so that either a glass or gas range is always ready for the next meal.
From Glass to Gas: How to Clean a KitchenAid Cooktop
Knowing how to clean a KitchenAid cooktop not only restores its shine but is also an important part of stove maintenance. The proper cleaning methods can uphold your stove’s performance and prevent vital parts from malfunctioning. Before we discuss how to clean cooktops, here’s the lowdown on why they get so dirty and the damage that buildup can do.
Why is My Cooktop so Dirty?
Whether you’re boiling a pot of water or simmering a sauce, it’s likely that at least a small splash will land on your cooktop. Meanwhile, grease and oil easily splatter while cooking, despite the utmost care. While your stove can withstand these stains, allowing them to linger or build-up can cause KitchenAid cooktop problems.
Using too much force or the wrong cleaning materials for crusted-over spills could damage a glass cooktop’s surface with cracks or scratches. Similarly, you’ll find your KitchenAid gas stove burner not working properly if accumulated sauce and grease clog the ports or impair the igniter. The following cleaning methods can avoid these outcomes and preserve your cooktop’s surface.
How to Clean a KitchenAid Glass Cooktop
Glass cooktops can have a beautiful, mirror-like appearance. However, they require specific cleaning supplies and methods to avoid scratching, chipping, or cracking the glass. Here’s how to clean a KitchenAid cooktop glass surface to maintain its shine and avoid damage:
- While the stove is still warm, use a glass top kitchen scraper to remove crusted food and spills. Hold the scraper at a 45-degree angle and apply some pressure to best remove stains.
- Squeeze a few drops of glass stovetop cleaner on stained areas. We recommend Affresh as the best glass stove top cleaner for this purpose.
- Using a non-abrasive pad, rub the cleaner into the stains.
- Once the cleaner has formed a white haze over the stained area, remove it with a dry paper towel or cloth, polishing until the stovetop is clean.
How to Clean a KitchenAid Gas Stove Top
Cleaning a KitchenAid gas cooktop requires special attention to the burner caps and bases as well as the ports and igniter. Follow these steps to clean your gas stove properly:
- Remove the burner caps and bases.
- Gently clean the igniter and gas tube opening under the base with a damp cloth.
- Use a straight pin or needle to unclog food from burner ports.
- Clean burner caps and bases with a non-abrasive pad and mild cleaner.
- Rinse the caps and bases under warm running water, dry with a clean cloth, and allow to air dry completely.
- Check your user manual to determine if your gas stove grates are dishwasher safe. If not, wash the grates with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive pad, drying with a clean cloth.
- When completely dry, replace the burner bases and caps so the cap is flush with the base. Replace the burner grates.
Important Stove Top Maintenance Tips
Preventing spills and cleaning them quickly are the best ways to maintain your stove and avoid malfunctions. These stove maintenance tips can help preserve your stove and keep it clean:
- Prevent spills by using pots that are deep enough to contain splatters and lessen boil-overs.
- If spills occur, clean them as soon as possible with a damp cloth for easier removal.
- Handle cookware with care, lifting pots instead of dragging them, to avoid damaging a glass cooktop or gas burners.
成视人a免费观看 视频 is the premier range and cooktop repair service in Monterey Bay. We can address any concern about how to clean a KitchenAid cooktop and provide fast and professional repairs.